11 PROGRAMMES ON 4 DVDs
1. THE FLYING SCOTSMAN 1929 romantic thriller starring Moore Marriott, Ray Milland and Pauline Johnson with incredible action sequences of Flying Scotsman.
2. PRESERVING THE LEGEND Alan Peglar s official films in 1963 and 1964.
3. TENDER MEMORIES A series of thrilling adventures in 1968 including a Paddington to Cardiff speed record.
4. ON TOUR NORTH AMERICA Flying Scotsman s 1968- 1972 adventures in America and Canada.
5. COMING HOME Sir William McAlpine and his mission to bring Flying Scotsman back to Britain.
6. ON TOUR AUSTRALIA A celebration of Flying Scotsman s unforgettable tour of Australia in 1988.
7. AUSTRALIA MOBIL FILM Dramatic action of Flying Scotsman in Australia in 1989.
8. THE INAUGURAL SCOTSMAN A detailed record of 4472 s 1999 journey from King s Cross to York.
9. ON TOUR EDINBURGH TO YORK A footplate adventure between Edinburgh and York in 2000.
10. FLYING SCOTSMAN THE PEOPLE S ENGINE The story of Flying Scotsman s restoration at the NRM including her return to steam in 2011.
11. A RAIL ROMANCE Using fantastic archive film and personal testimony, actress Barbara Flynn narrates the wonderful story of the nation's favourite steam locomotive (as seen on BBC).
MEMORABILIA PACK MEMORABILIA PACK
A collection of authentic historical memorabilia created from original items. These include a 1926 King s Cross to York ticket (Fare 23s 6d), twelve 1930s destination luggage labels, a 1950 music sheet of The Flying Scotsman Piano Solo, 1962 luncheon menu card & wine list, 1963 "Save Our Scotsman" poster, and five engineer s technical drawings.
148-page HARDBACK BOOK
Packed with beautiful and rare photographs, James S. Baldwin tells the full story of Flying Scotsman s remarkable life, documenting in stunning detail the highs and lows of her numerous adventures.
Official product fully endorsed by the National Railway Museum.
Includes a limited edition certificate of authenticity
Learn the details behind the one hundred most significant breakthroughs in the history of mankind! Take a journey through history and examine the discoveries, breakthroughs and eureka moments that have transformed all of our lives for the better. Host Bill Nye travels the world, meeting eminent scientists in various fields, to explore and explain the principles behind the most significant developments in the history of mankind. Each of the 100 Greatest Discoveries, in eight different fields of knowledge, is examined both in terms of the principles and personalities involved. Over 500 years of scientific advances are distilled and presented in this accessible, entertaining series to give you a good understanding of HOW many of science s toughest riddles were solved, WHO it was that solved them, and WHY these solutions are so significant.
Using authentic newsreel footage from the era, discover the reality of life during WWII for those who remained in Britain. It was a difficult time, when every citizen had to share the nations burden, from children, hundreds of thousands of whom were evacuated from cities, to older men and women who had already served their country in previous wars, yet were called upon to form the country's last line of defence, the home guard.
In this programme we feature heavy metal in action as the unrebuilt Pacific 34567 "Tangmere" heads a heavily loaded maniline rail tour on the Torbay Express service to Kingswear. Everything is against her; there's rain in the air, she's running late and for some reason the engine is not steaming particularly well. However, her crew remain quietly confident that their 7P machine is the equalof any Class B engine. Today is their chance to prove it.
This wonderful film is a dawn-to-dusk account of one of the most charismatic branch lines in Britain, where every one of the eight engines in steam is pure Great Western. The South Devon Railway is celebrating its 40th anniversary in style. The old Ashburton single-track branch line, which follows the River Dart from Totnes up to the edge of Dartmoor, has never been busier… with everything from double-headed freight workings to those distinctive GWR autotrains. In this nostalgic programme we join the crews of two very different engines, the heavy 38xx freight locomotive 3803, and Prairie tank engine 5542 on push-and-pull duty, to relive once again the quaint splendour of the GWR branch lines.