11 PROGRAMMES ON 4 DVDs
1. THE FLYING SCOTSMAN 1929 romantic thriller starring Moore Marriott, Ray Milland and Pauline Johnson with incredible action sequences of Flying Scotsman.
2. PRESERVING THE LEGEND Alan Peglar s official films in 1963 and 1964.
3. TENDER MEMORIES A series of thrilling adventures in 1968 including a Paddington to Cardiff speed record.
4. ON TOUR NORTH AMERICA Flying Scotsman s 1968- 1972 adventures in America and Canada.
5. COMING HOME Sir William McAlpine and his mission to bring Flying Scotsman back to Britain.
6. ON TOUR AUSTRALIA A celebration of Flying Scotsman s unforgettable tour of Australia in 1988.
7. AUSTRALIA MOBIL FILM Dramatic action of Flying Scotsman in Australia in 1989.
8. THE INAUGURAL SCOTSMAN A detailed record of 4472 s 1999 journey from King s Cross to York.
9. ON TOUR EDINBURGH TO YORK A footplate adventure between Edinburgh and York in 2000.
10. FLYING SCOTSMAN THE PEOPLE S ENGINE The story of Flying Scotsman s restoration at the NRM including her return to steam in 2011.
11. A RAIL ROMANCE Using fantastic archive film and personal testimony, actress Barbara Flynn narrates the wonderful story of the nation's favourite steam locomotive (as seen on BBC).
MEMORABILIA PACK MEMORABILIA PACK
A collection of authentic historical memorabilia created from original items. These include a 1926 King s Cross to York ticket (Fare 23s 6d), twelve 1930s destination luggage labels, a 1950 music sheet of The Flying Scotsman Piano Solo, 1962 luncheon menu card & wine list, 1963 "Save Our Scotsman" poster, and five engineer s technical drawings.
148-page HARDBACK BOOK
Packed with beautiful and rare photographs, James S. Baldwin tells the full story of Flying Scotsman s remarkable life, documenting in stunning detail the highs and lows of her numerous adventures.
Official product fully endorsed by the National Railway Museum.
Includes a limited edition certificate of authenticity
The boys mission is straightforward: to get off lifes humdrum path for a more exciting, daring and off-the-beaten one. In just four days, the guys trek approximately one hundred miles across life-threatening landscapes including steep mountains, insufferably hot deserts, freezing-cold canyons and snake-infested jungles on foot, raft, skis and even skateboard, in search of the most extreme places on earth.
From the Walkman to the bra, these are the innovations that have changed all of our lives. But what is number one on the list? The gadget: It's small enough to hold in your hands. It's mechanical or electronic and mass-produced. It's a personal item that evolves from novelty to necessity and ultimately shows its paradigm-shifting power. In this entertaining programme, a diverse panel of hand-picked experts join forces with HISTORY to rank the most influential inventions of the past 200 years and tell the surprising stories behind them.