The perfect gift for all fathers who are young at heart! Whether it s a gift for Father s Day, a birthday, to say thank you or just to show you care, this great collection of classic rock n roll numbers is sure to put a smile on the face and a spring in the step of any dad! Featuring 60 classic hits from the golden age of rock n roll including blockbusters from the like of Chubby Checker, Cliff Richard, Elvis Presley, The Platters and Roy Orbison the quality of these tunes ensures that you don t have to remember them from the first time around to fall in love with this 3CD set. This is a collection guaranteed to set feet tapping and heads nodding, and unlike dad s dancing it s sure to be something the whole family can enjoy! With an early June release, this great value set is sure to go down well with anyone looking to pick up a handy gift in the run-up to Father s Day.
75 Rock 'n' Roll classics!
A collection of classic songs that will live forever from artists that died too soon, featuring Elvis Presley, Same Cooke, Billi Hollday and many more!
This was Alan Clark's first volume of diaries and the only one he recorded himself. As such it is a unique historical record of the man and his work. He wrote one of the most forthright and honest political diaries ever, being a warts and all picture of the Thatcher era. The colourful language is very adult and is frequently laugh out loud funny. His proximity to power gave him a clear view of all the manoeuvrings and gossip within Westminster and Whitehall, and he was never one to hold back on his opinions. Over 3 CDs, he also touches on his private life, Saltwood and his passion fo animals.
1. Rebel Rouser
2. Dance With The Guitar Man
3. Night Train To Memphis
4. Peter Gun
6. Along Came Linda
8. Loving You
10. The Lonely One
11. On Top Of Old Smokey
12. Ring Of Fire
13. Scarlet Ribbons
14. First Love, First Tears
15. Gidget Goes Hawaiian
16. John Henry
17. My Blue Heaven
18. Only Child
20. Rebel Walk
1. Sioux City Sue
2. Streets of Laredo
3. The Ballad Of Paladin
4. The Quiet Three
6. Along The Navajo Trail
8. Drivin' Home
10. Just Because
11. Some Kind-A-Earthquake
12. The Avenger
13. The Battle
14. Theme From Dixie
15. Because They're Young
16. Big Liza
18. Deep In The Heart of Texas
19. Firty Miles Of Bad Road
20. Trouble In Mind
1. I Almost Lost My Mind
2. In The Pines
3. Lonesome Road
4. Movin' 'N' Groovin'
5. Ole Joe Clark
6. Prisoner's Song
7. Riddle Song
8. Route Number 1
11. Blueberry Hill
12. Cripple Creek
13. Mule Train
15. Tuxedo Junction
16. Bonnie Come Back
60 timeless lovesongs from artists including The Everly Brothers, The Platters, Shirley Bassey, Elvis Presley and many more!
Over 250 of the greatest Rock 'n' Roll songs ever recorded, from artists including Little Richard, Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly and many more!
A collection of his greatest works including; Giant Steps, My Favourite Things, Summertime, Blue Train, Every Time We Say Goodbye and many more!
Welcome to the world of the Fabulous Fifties, where popular music exploded and Rock n Roll ruled. We are delighted to be adding a new title Love Songs 2 to our Lemon Popsicles and Strawberry Milkshakes range of best selling triple CD s.
60 Original Hits From 1955. In 1955 consumerism took off in a big way with the sale of some 7.9 million cars in the US, and 7 out of 10 families owning a motorcar. The first McDonalds was erected and more fast foods and TV dinners began to appear in stores. The first cans of Coca Cola went on sale up until then it had only been sold in bottles but most importantly Rock n Roll music continued to grow in popularity, as new teen idols changed teen culture forever. Many of these idols became musical legends, including Elvis Presley, Bill Haley, Chuck Berry and Fats Domino. 1955 was a very good year for music, and this 3CD collection brings you the finest music from that time
The Best of Soul Music Soul had its roots in the 1950s when two forms of African-American music came together in a rather unlikely alliance. These were the pure yet emotional gospel sounds of the Southern Baptist church, and the more worldly, rocking approach of rhythm & blues. In 1954 Ray Charles took an old gospel song and gave it an R & B makeover to come up with I Got A Woman. For many that's where soul began. This compilation is a celebration of the best of early Soul Music.
3 CD SET. It is now 30 years since Cameron Mackintosh met with Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schonberg in Paris, to discuss the idea of a rewritten version of their French musical. Based on Victor Hugo s classic novel, Les Miserables, the musical has become a worldwide phenomenon. This recording traces the journey, from a modest Paris production, into a multi-award winning show, and then to an Oscar winning film. Read by Peter Polycarpou, one of the original RSC cast members in the opening at London s Barbican Theatre, this marvellous story takes us behind the scenes of both the stage show and the film to meet the writers, producers and actors. Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackson and Anne Hathaway each share their thoughts on the film, the casting process and the actual filming.
Miles Davis is widely considered one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century. Davis with his musical groups was at the forefront of several major developments in jazz music, including bepob, cool jazz, hard bop, modal jazz and jazz fusion. This triple CD collection brings you the very best of a very creative period in his life, the mid-1950s to early 60s.Enjoy the very best of a master at work. Includes Summertime, My Funny Valentine, A Night in Tunisia, Milestones, All Blues and many more
Glamourous, glitzy and very funny, Pam Ann the air hostess to the stars, is back with a brand new show recorded live in New York. The Guardian calls her - 'Camp, kittsch and breath-takingly rude'. On this fantastic CD, Pam takes apart the airline industry and sends up everyone in it! Watch out for her UK tour in early 2013.
Box set, Double CD, Original recording remastered
1. Spanish Harlem - Ben E King - Ben E. King
2. He's A Rebel - Crystals - The Crystals
3. Twist & Shout - Top Notes - The Top Notes
4. Under The Moon Of Love - Curtis Lee - Curtis Lee
5. Every Breath I Take - Gene Pitney - Gene Pitney
6. I Love How You Love Me - Paris Sisters - The Paris Sisters
7. Zip A Dee Doo Dah - Bob B Soxx - Bob B. Soxx & The Blue Jeans
8. Corinna Corinna - Ray Peterson - Ray Peterson
9. Unchained Melody - Teddy Bears - The Teddy Bears
10. Gonna Git The Man - Connie Francis - Connie Francis
11. I Know Why - Spector Three - The Spectors Three
12. Love, Love, Love - Arlene Smith - Arlene Smith
13. A Kiss From Your Lips - Billy Storm - Billy Storm
14. You Boy Blues - Ben E King - Ben E. King
15. Uptown - Crystals - The Crystals
16. The Bells - Creations - The Creations
17. A World Of Tears - Johnny Nash - Johnny Nash
18. Little Did I Know - Ducanes - The Ducanes
19. Raincoast In The River - Sammy Turner - Sammy Turner
20. How Many Nights (How Many Days) - Bobby Sheen - Bobby Sheen
21. You're My Only Love - Joel Scott - Joel Scott
22. Beverley Jean - Curtis Lee - Curtis Lee
23. He's Sure The Boy I Love - Crystals - The Crystals
24. True Love - Teddy Bears - The Teddy Bears
25. Dream For Sale - Gene Pitney - Gene Pitney
1. To Know Him Is To Love Him - Teddy Bears - The Teddy Bears
2. There's No Other Like My Baby - Crystals - The Crystals
3. Pretty Little Angel Eyes - Curtis Lee - Curtis Lee
4. Bumbershoot - Phil Harvey - Phil Harvey
5. Second Hand Love - Connie Francis - Connie Francis
6. Mr Moon, Cupid & I - Gene Pitney - Gene Pitney
7. Hey Memphis - LaVern Baker - Lavern Baker
8. Let Me Be The One - Paris Sisters - The Paris Sisters
9. I Really Do - Spector Three - The Spectors Three
10. He Knows I Love Him Too Much - Arlene Smith - Arlene Smith
11. First Taste Of Love - Ben E King - Ben E. King
12. When You Dance - Billy Storm - Billy Storm
13. On Broadway - Crystals - The Crystals
14. Shang Shang - Creations - The Creations
15. Some Of Your Lovin' - Johnny Nash - Johnny Nash
16. Hearts Of Stone - Top Notes - The Top Notes
17. I'm So Happy - Ducanes - The Duncanes
18. Anyone But You - Ruth Brown - Ruth Brown
19. How Can We Ever Be Together - Bobby Sheen - Bobby Sheen
20. Here I Stand - Joel Scott - Joel Scott
21. He Hit Me (And It Felt Like A Kiss) - Crystals - The Crystals
22. Gee How i Wish You Were There - Curtis Lee - Curtis Lee
23. He Knows i Love Him Too Much - Paris Sisters - The Paris Sisters
24. Be A Soldier - Terry Day - Terry Day
25. Mr Robin - Spector Three - The Spectors Three
1. Ain't That Love
2. Come Back Baby
3. Funny (But I Still Love You)
4. Losing Hand
5. A Fool For You
6. Hallelujah I Love Her So
7. Mess Around
8. This Little Girl Of Mine
9. I Got A Woman
10. Black Coffee
12. What Would I Do Without You
13. It's All Right
14. I Want To Know
15. Get On The Right Track Baby
16. Talkin' About You
17. Black Jack
18. I Had A Dream
19. I Want A Little Girl
21. Leave My Woman Alone
22. Blues Waltz
23. Hot Rod
24. (Night Time Is) The Right Time
25. Hit The Road Jack
1. What'd I Say
2. You Be My Baby
3. Tell Me How Do You Feel
4. What Kind Of Man Are You?
5. Roll With My Baby
6. Tell All The World About You
7. My Bonnie
8. That's Enough
9. Let The Good Times Roll
10. It Had To Be You
11. When Your Lover Has Gone
12. 'Deed i Do
13. Just For A Thrill
14. Don't Let The Sun Catch You Cryin'
15. Am I Blue
16. Come Rain Or Come Shine
17. Ray's Blues
18. Nobody Cares
19. Some Day Baby
20. I Wonder Who
21. The Genious After Hours
22. Ain't Misbehavin'
23. Joy Ride
24. The Man I Love
25. Music, Music, Music
1. From The Heart
3. One Mint Julep
4. Mister C
5. Strike Up The Band
6. Bye Bye Love
7. You Dont Know Me
8. Half As Much
9. Just A Little Lovin'
10. Born To Lose
11. Worried Mind
12. I Can't Stop Loving You
13. You Are My Sunshine
15. Take These Chains From My Heart
16. Your Cheatin' Heart
17. It Should've Been me
18. Georgia On My Mind
19. Unchain My Heart
20. Mary Ann
21. Lonely Avenue
22. Drown In My Own tears
24. I'm Movin' On
25. Hard Hearted Hannah
The consistently brilliant Ross Noble releases this great value 2 X CD set, full of his trademark funny and quite surreal comedy. Few comics can command a stage and have such a wonderful rapport and interaction with their audience. Recorded in Australia and London.
The Telegraph--' He's a marvel'.
The Sun -'Brilliantly inventive quirky stand-up'.
Time Out -'Every show is different and every night is a joy'.
Over 60 legendary artists from the hit TV show including Bobby Darin, Roy Orbison, Peggy Lee, Jackie Wilson and Neil Sedaka.
75 great songs from the biggest Broadway musicals!
75 original hits performed by unforgettable artists including Shirley Bassey, Tony Bennett, Dean Martin, Ella Fitzgerald, Ella Jones, Nina Simone and many more!
Where have I heard that song before...? It s a question we ve all asked ourselves. A great song comes on the radio and we just know that we ve heard it before, but we can t think exactly where. All we know is that such a classic melody can t possibly be brand new, can it? This incredible 3CD collection brings together no fewer than 60 great songs that between them have spawned hundreds of cover versions, influencing and inspiring bands and musicians such as The Beatles, The Doors, Cream, Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix. There are some that will surprise you (if you thought Fats Domino was the first to record Blueberry Hill , or that The Beatles were the originators of Twist And Shout , then think again!) while others are sure to bring a smile of recognition to your face as the memories come flooding back. With dozens of timeless tunes from artists such as The Everly Brothers, Elvis Presley, Muddy Waters and Ray Charles, this collection is sure to be a perfect fit for any music lover. And the next time you think you ve heard that song somewhere before, you ll know exactly where to turn to hear it again. Only this time,by the original artist
60 Original Hits From The Dawn Of A Decade. ... Including Blue Moon, Wonderful World, Mack the Knife, Only the Lonely, Heartbeat, Puppy Love, The Twist and many more. The 1960s decade was labelled the Swinging Sixties because of the fall or relaxation of some social taboos relating particularly to sex and race. Music was always at the centre of these changes in popular culture and this 3CD set introduces many of the hits that kick-started a musical revolution that went on to change the world for ever. Purist Rock n Roll was just about to give way to the British Invasion and this compilation preceeds these major changes, bringing you the very best recordings from this period. Welcome To The Sixties! The 60s saw a huge change in music. Artists recording over 50 years ago continue to influence and inspire today. Here we have bought together 60 tracks from the dawn of the decade that changed the music scene forever.