1. Please, Please, Please - James Brown - James Brown
2. Love Potion No.9 - The Clovers - The Clovers
3. Please Mr Postman - The Marvelettes - The Marvelettes
4. You Better Move On - Arthur Alexander - Arthur Alexander
5. Farther Up The Road - Bobby Bland - Bobby Bland
6. But I Do - Clarence 'Frogman' Henry - Clarence 'Frogman' Henry
7. Precious Love - The Cookies - The Cookies
8. Don't Cry, Baby - Etta James - Etta James
9. Come Back My Love - Jerry Butler - Jerry Butler
10. Its Gonna Work Out Fine - Ike & Tina Turner - Ike and Tina Turner
11. Poison Ivy - The Costers - The Coasters
12. Are You Satisfied - Ann Cole - Ann Cole
13. My Own True Love - The Duprees - The Duprees
14. Heartbreak (It's Hurtin' Me) - Little Willie John - Little Willie John
15. Let Me In - The Sensations - The Sensations
16. I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate - Olympics - The Olympics
17. After The Lights Go Down - Al Hibbler - Al Hibbler
18. Let The Little Girl Dance - Billy Bland - Billy Bland
19. Don't You Know - Della Reese - Della Reese
20. Baby (Uou've Got What It Takes) - Brook Benton & Dinah Washington - Brook Benton & Dinah Washington
21. I Love The Way You Love - Marv Johnson - Marv Johnson
22. Soul Twist - King Curtis & The Noble Knights - King Curtis & The Noble Knights
23. The Twist - Hank Ballard and The Midnighters - Hank Ballard & The Midnighters
24. Nobody Loves Me Like You - The Flamingos - The Flamingos
25. Oh What A Nite - The Dells - The Dells
1. Money (That's What I Want) - Barrett Strong - Barrett Strong
2. There's A Moon Out Tonight - The Capris - The Capris
3. Spanish Harlem - Ben E King - Ben E. King
4. The One Who Really Loves You - Mary Wells - Mary Wells
5. There Goes My Baby - The Drifters - The Drifters
6. My Girl Josephine - Fats Domino - Fats Domino
7. Stagger Lee - lloyd Price - Lloyd Price
8. I Dont Want To Cry - Chuck Jackson - Chuck Jackson
9. Trouble In Paradise - The Crests - The Crests
10. Twist & Shout - The Isley Brothers - The Isley Brothers
11. Blue Moon - The Marcels - The Marcels
12. Baby It's You - The Shirelles - The Shirelles
13. Having A Party - Sam Cooke - Sam Cooke
14. He Got What He Wanted - Little Richard - Little Richard
15. Ride - Dee Dee Sharp - Dee Dee Sharp
16. Rama Lama Ding Dong - The Edsels - The Edsels
17. Every Beat Of My Heart - Gladys Knight & The Pips - Gladys Knight and The Pips
18. I've Got A Woman - Jimmy McGriff - Jimmy McGriff
19. Ya Ya - Lee Dorsey - Lee Dorsey
20. The Loco-Motion - Little Eva - Little Eva
21. Shop Around - The Miracles - The Miracles
22. Diamonds And Pearls - The Paradons - The Paradons
23. Stay - Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs
24. Shimmy, Shimmy Ko Ko Bop - Little Anthony & The Imperials - Little Anthony and The Imperials
25. Reet Petite - Jackie Wilson - Jackie Wilson
1. What A Difference A Day Makes - Dinah Washington - Dinah Washington
2. New Orleans - Gary US Bonds - Gary U.S. Bonds
3. I Cried A Tear - Lavern Baker - Lavern Baker
4. You Can't Sit Down - Philip Upchurch Combo - Philip Upchurch Combo
5. Lucky Lips - Ruth Brown - Ruth Brown
6. Just Out Of Reach (Of My Two Open Arms) - Solomon Burke - Solomon Burke
7. Thank You Pretty Baby - Brook Benton - Brook Benton
8. Midnight Special Train - Big Joe Turner - Big Joe Turner
9. A Lover's Question - Clyde McPhatter - Clyde McPhatter
10. Jamie - Eddie Holland - Eddie Holland
11. Duke Of Earl - Gene Chandler - Gene Chandler
12. Since i Met You Baby - Ivory Joe Hunter - Ivory Joe Hunter
13. All In The Mind - Maxine Brown - Maxine Brown
14. Red Sails In The Street - The Platters - The Platters
15. Gee Whiz - Carla Thomas - Carla Thomas
16. How About That - Dee Clark - Dee Clark
17. Mother-In-Law - Ernie K Doe - Ernie K. Doe
18. Gypsy Woman - Impressions - Impressions
19. Walk OnThe Wild Side - Jimmy Smith - Jimmy Smith
20. Release Me - Little Esther Phillps - Little Esther Phillips
21. Don't Hang up - The Orlons - The Orlons
22. Hit The Road Jack - Ray Charles - Ray Charles
23. Rainin' In My Heart - Slim Harpo - Slim Harpo
24. Goodnight Sweetheart - The Spaniels - The Spaniels
25. These Foolish Things - Billy Ward - Billy Ward
When a young busker on the streets of London found an injured ginger cat curled up in the hallway of his sheltered accommodation, he had no idea how much his life was about to change.
This true story is told here on a heart warming and fascinating 2 x CD recording. It tells how the two became inseparable, and also of the diverse, comic and occasionally dangerous adventures they had. From the best selling book of the same title.
DISC 1. Wooden Heart, Runaround Sue, Lonely Teardrops, Blue Suede Shoes, A Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On, Tutti Frutti, Stand By Me, Silhouettes, Book Of Love, Born Too Late, Rockin' Robin, Sea Cruise, There's A Moon Out Tonight, Don't Be Cruel, My Prayer, Party Doll, That'll Be The Day, April Love, Kansas City, Why, Mr Blue, Running Bear, Brown Eyed Handsome Man, Rubber Biscuit, Jim Dandy, DISC 2. Teen Angel, Stuck On You I'm Sorry, The Twist, Save The Last Dance For Me, Blue Moon, Will You Love Me Tomorrow, Travelin' Man, Quarter To Three, Take Good Care Of My Baby, Please Mr Postman, The Lion Sleeps Tonight, Shake, Rattle And Roll, Kisses Sweeter Than Wine, Chantilly Lace, 16 Candles, Runaway, Barbara-Ann, Maybe Baby, Ya Ya, Aint That A Shame, I Only Have Eyes For You, Do You Wanna Dance?, Come Go With Me, You're Sixteen, DISC 3. Love Potion Number 9, Are You Lonesome Tonight?, Only You, Reet Petite, Chain Gang, Only The Lonely, Tell Laura I Love Her, Put Your Head On My Shoulder, Dream Lover, Poison Ivy, Lipstick On Your Collar, Personality, Oh! Carol, Tequila, Oh Boy, Splish Splash, Peggy Sue, Long Tall Sally, Bye Bye Love, Shop Around, Please, Please, Please, Adorable, Rebel Rouser, Devil Or Angel, Crazy.
Much more than just a comedian, Bill Hick's has become an inspiration to millions around the world. As a rebellious teenager, he discovered that comedy was a way to break all the rules, but then found it could also open people's minds.
The book that inspired this recording has sold over 440,000 copies, making it one of the most successful sports books ever. Written and narrated by a key figure in Augustas history, Frank Christian, it tells the story of this legendary course, its origins, history, setting, and the famous golfers who have graced the course. Franks father was the first official photographer of Augusta, and Frank has a wealth of stories to tell. His own mentor was no less than Bobby Jones. This title is published to coincide with the Masters returning to Augusta in April 2014.
Jim is back, not that he's really been away Having suffered the scrutiny of the police into past allegations against him, subsequently all dropped, Jim reflects wryly on what life was like in that period The British public clearly still love Jim, as he was later voted winner on the TV series 'Big Brother' This is another great live comic performance from a very popular comedian.
75 great love songs from the golden age of rock & roll.
For over three decades BERNARD MANNING was one of Britain's favourite comedians. Pushing the boundaries of humour beyond the accepted norm, he was loved, and by some, disliked in equal measure. One thing for sure, he was very funny and incredibly popular.
His adult humour wasn't seen too much on television but he appeared for may years on programmes such as "The Comedians" and "The Wheel Tappers and Shunters Social Club" with slightly more watered down material!
On this fantastic compilation we have the best of his adult humour, recorded at his own club THE EMBASSY in Manchester and THE CIRCUS TAVERN in London. So expect adult language and jokes and gags that are uncensored and ungagged!
Dara O Briain has become something of a renaissance man of late. From his early days breaking into the stand “ up comedy circuit, to sold out major venues, to TV presenter on shows ranging from mathematics to astronomy! His TV career also included Mock The Week and QI, as well as The Apprentice”Youre fired. He gets around. This fantastic recording shows him live on stage with a superb repertoire of hilarious observations.
The perfect gift for all fathers who are young at heart! Whether it s a gift for Father s Day, a birthday, to say thank you or just to show you care, this great collection of classic rock n roll numbers is sure to put a smile on the face and a spring in the step of any dad! Featuring 60 classic hits from the golden age of rock n roll including blockbusters from the like of Chubby Checker, Cliff Richard, Elvis Presley, The Platters and Roy Orbison the quality of these tunes ensures that you don t have to remember them from the first time around to fall in love with this 3CD set. This is a collection guaranteed to set feet tapping and heads nodding, and unlike dad s dancing it s sure to be something the whole family can enjoy! With an early June release, this great value set is sure to go down well with anyone looking to pick up a handy gift in the run-up to Father s Day.
This was Alan Clark's first volume of diaries and the only one he recorded himself. As such it is a unique historical record of the man and his work. He wrote one of the most forthright and honest political diaries ever, being a warts and all picture of the Thatcher era. The colourful language is very adult and is frequently laugh out loud funny. His proximity to power gave him a clear view of all the manoeuvrings and gossip within Westminster and Whitehall, and he was never one to hold back on his opinions. Over 3 CDs, he also touches on his private life, Saltwood and his passion fo animals.
1. Rebel Rouser
2. Dance With The Guitar Man
3. Night Train To Memphis
4. Peter Gun
6. Along Came Linda
8. Loving You
10. The Lonely One
11. On Top Of Old Smokey
12. Ring Of Fire
13. Scarlet Ribbons
14. First Love, First Tears
15. Gidget Goes Hawaiian
16. John Henry
17. My Blue Heaven
18. Only Child
20. Rebel Walk
1. Sioux City Sue
2. Streets of Laredo
3. The Ballad Of Paladin
4. The Quiet Three
6. Along The Navajo Trail
8. Drivin' Home
10. Just Because
11. Some Kind-A-Earthquake
12. The Avenger
13. The Battle
14. Theme From Dixie
15. Because They're Young
16. Big Liza
18. Deep In The Heart of Texas
19. Firty Miles Of Bad Road
20. Trouble In Mind
1. I Almost Lost My Mind
2. In The Pines
3. Lonesome Road
4. Movin' 'N' Groovin'
5. Ole Joe Clark
6. Prisoner's Song
7. Riddle Song
8. Route Number 1
11. Blueberry Hill
12. Cripple Creek
13. Mule Train
15. Tuxedo Junction
16. Bonnie Come Back
After the massive success of his last how, 'Different class', the master of observational comedy and mock the week regular is back with his new show. Exploring subjects and situations Ed finds maddening, 'Crowd Pleaser' is a hilarious insight into Ed's life.
'Hurt me!' she begged, raising her skirt as she bent over the workbench. 'Very well,' I replied, 'You've got fat ankles and no dress sense.' Colin Grey's life was happy and simple until the day everything changed - the day his wife read THAT book. Suddenly, he was thrust head-first into a dark, illicit world of pleasure and pain. Fifty Shed of Grey is the story of one man's struggle against a tide of tempestuous, erotic desire and of the greatest love of all: the love between a man and his shed.
Jason's 2014 First World Problems tour was his biggest yet. The Salford born comic, who supports Manchester City, has been a regular on our TV screens for some years now and commands a strong following. This great recording finds Jason grappling hilariously with many of modern life's current problems. In 2015 he will be touring the UK with a new production of the classic comic musical The Producers.
It's the way he tells them - but you've never heard him tell them like this before. Filmed live on stage at the back theatre, frank preforms all the jokes he couldn't tell on TV. Hilariously funny, it's an unforgettable performance featuring frank in his prime. The master joke teller is in fantastic form as he reels off a barrage of sometimes adult jokes! His greatest live performance.
Ooh er Missus, look out it's Frankie. If you're looking for classic comedy at it's best, a double CD collection of Confessions by Frankie Howerd is a good place to start. Truly one of the giants of the last 30 years, Frankie was held in enormously high esteem and real warmth by the British public. This CD set could have been called a Best Of because it contains all of Frankie's well known catch phrases--'Titter ye not', 'No mocking Francis, and 'Shut your face you!' How rude. The two CDs contain 6 playlets, revealing some of Frankies strange experiences, and with the added bonus of the marvellous Joan Sims to help out.
This is Graham Nortons only recorded stand up show, and its a real winner. Recorded at Londons famous Roundhouse, he shows of his innate comic talent and timing. Now a massive household name, with a nationwide radio show on Radio 2 and a hugely popular TV chat and entertainment show, he has become a much loved character in the UK.
Coming to widespread fame as the psychotic head teacher in The Inbetweeners, Greg Davies has now become a well known face on our TVs, through programmes such as 'Mock The Week' and his own series 'Man Down'. This recording captured Greg on his first nationwide tour, and followed an acclaimed debut at the Edinburgh Festival. He addresses nearly every problem affecting mankind, and solves none of them!
The Ricky Gervais sidekick and star of 'The Office' and 'Extras' presents his views on topics including love and the injustices of being tall on his first solo stand-up tour...
Live show by the English comedian. Jack Dee is back, six years since his last live show, with brand new annoyances, frustrations and cynicism.
This is Jethro's first new recording in four years…..and his last we are told! So good and bad news for one of the UK's most popular comics.
His west country tales and anecdotes have entertained thousands of fans for over 40 years. This show was recorded at Yeovil's Octagon Theatre, and by popular demand, includes many of his favourite gags and stories as requested by his fans.
John Bishop returns with The Sunshine Tour, recorded live at Liverpool's Echo Arena. Following the phenomenal success of The Elvis Has Left The Building Tour, this new show brought bigger venues, bigger crowds even more laughs. On this CD John shares anecdotes about life, the ways in which his life has changed because of fame, and confesses to what his kids really think about him!
It's been a very good couple of years for Jon Richardson. He was a nominee for Best new comic at the British Comedy Awards in 2013, he came to a wider public through the TV series '8 Out Of 10 Cats', and his debut DVD 'Funny Magnet' This new recording, made at the Hammersmith Apollo, comes on the back of a UK tour and his own TV series 'Jon Richardson : A Little Bit ODC'
On his sell out tour, Julian Clary, having reached the landmark age of fifty, takes us back down the boulevards and up the back passages of his life - from his school days at St Nancy's for the probably theatrical to the notorious Norman Lamont incident.
Julie Walters stars on this classic comedy CD, alongside the wonderful Victoria Wood. And if that wasn't talent enough, the sketches, monologues, and songs were written by Alan Bennett, Willy Russell, Alan Bleasdale and of course Ms Wood. As well as writing the material, the aforementioned talent all chip in on this recording to talk very wittily about the star of the show. On this unique CD and in a wonderful variety of voices, Julie performs these funny, witty and very entertaining sketches to perfection. This recording won a Writers Guild award for Best Light Entertainment Programme.
Kevin Bridges The Story Continues sees Kevin return to The SECC to perform a record-breaking run of ten sold out nights to over 75,000 ecstatic fans. Recorded on a Saturday night in Glasgow, Kevin is in his element, as him home town gig shows off his no nonsense approach to comedy. He cuts through the niceties with his Glaswegian man in the street charm to reveal the next chapter of his epic comedic journey.
"Wonderfully dry and deadpan Glaswegian comic is one of the most exciting talents to have emerged from Scotland since Billy Connolly" - The Guardian
"Wonderfully sharp, assured stand-up from the preternaturally gifted young comic" - The Independent
"25-Year old Glaswegian sensation" - Daily Telegraph
"Budding superstar" - London Evening Standard
Every tour Lee Evans undertakes seems to be bigger than the last, such is his extraordinary popularity. 'Monsters', his 2014 tour, was no exception. This fantastic recording captures the comic genius of Lee Evans at his peak It could also be a collector's item, being Lee's last stand up tour!
Welcome to the world of the Fabulous Fifties, where popular music exploded and Rock n Roll ruled. We are delighted to be adding a new title Love Songs 2 to our Lemon Popsicles and Strawberry Milkshakes range of best selling triple CD s.
1. Wooden heart. Elvis Presley. 1961
2. Reet Petite. Jackie Wilson. 1957
3. The twist. Chubby Checker. 1960
4. Stay. Murice Williams & The Zodiacs. 1960
5. Save the last dance for me. The Drifters. 1960
6. Mack the Knife. Bobby Darin. 1959
7. Come softly to me. The Fleetwoods. 1959
8. Stagger Lee. Lloyd Price. 1959
9. Alley Oop. Hollywood Argyles. 1960
10. Cathy's Clown. The Everly Brothers. 1960
11. Butterfly. Charlie Gracie. 1956
12. Living Doll. Cliff Richard. 1959
13. Claudette. The Everly Brothers. 1958
14. I want to be wanted. Brenda Lee. 1960
15. Teen Angel. Mark Dinning. 1960
16. Tequila. Champs. 1958
17. Whole lotta woman. Marvin Rainwater. 1958
18. Only you. The Platters. 1955
19. Get a job. The Silhouettes. 1957
20. Hound dog. Elvis Presley. 1956
21. Yakety Yak. The Coasters. 1958
22. Poor little fool. Ricky Nelson. 1958
23. Venus. Frankie Avalon. 1959
24. Sleep Walk. Santo & Johnny. 1959
25. At the hop. Danny & The Juniors. 1957
1. What do you want ?. Adam Faith. 1959
2. Please don't tease. Cliff Richard. 1960
3. Dream lover. Bobby Darin. 1959
4. It's only make believe. Conway Twitty. 1958
5. Poetry in motion. Johnny Tillotson. 1960
6. Are you lonesome tonight. Elvis Presley. 1960
7. Why. Frankie Avalon. 1959
8. I'm sorry. Brenda Lee. 1960
9. Twilight time. The Platters. 1958
10. Lonely boy. Paul Anka. 1959
11. Mr Blue. The Fleetwoods. 1959
12. To know him is to love him. The Teddy Bears. 1958
13. It's all in the game. Tommy Edwards. 1958
14. You send me. Sam Cooke. 1957
15. Who's sorry now. Connie Francis. 1957
16. Love letters in the sand. Pat Boone. 1957
17. Starry eyed. Michael Holliday. 1960
18. Do you mind?. Anthony Newley. 1960
19. A fool such as I. Elvis Presley. 1958
20. I love you. Cliff Richard. 1960
21. Tell Laura I love her. Ricky Valance. 1960
22. It doesn't matter anymore. Buddy Holly. 1959
23. What tdo you want to make those I at me for?. Emile Ford & The Checkmates. 1959
24. Will you love me tomorrow. The Shirelles. 1960
25. Smoke gets in your eyes. The Platters. 1958
1. Great balls of fire. Jerry Lee Lewis. 1957
2. Jailhouse rock. Elvis Presley. 1957
3. That'll be the day. Buddy Holly & The Crickets. 1957
4. Only the lonely. Roy Orbison. 1960
5. Wake up little Susie. The Everly Brothers. 1957
6. Shakin' all over. Johnny Kidd and The Pirates. 1960
7. Three steps to heaven. Eddie Cochran. 1960
8. Stupid cupid. Connie Francis. 1958
9. Diana. Paul Anka. 1957
10. Kansas City. Wilbert Harrison. 1959
11. Only Sixteen. Craig Douglas. 1959
12. Good timin'. Jimmy Jones. 1960
13. Poor me. Adam Faith. 1960
14. When. The Kalin Twins. 1958
15. Ain't that a shame. Pat Boone. 1955
16. Party doll. Buddy Knox. 1957
17. Little star. The Elegants. 1958
18. The great pretender. The Platters. 1955
19. Honeycomb. Jimmie Rodgers. 1957
20. Travellin' light. Cliff Richard. 1959
21. Here comes summer. Jerry Keller. 1959
22. All shook up. Elvis Presley. 1957
23. Bird dog. The Everly Brothers. 1958
24. Why do fools fall in love. Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers. 1956
25. Rock around the clock. Bill Haley & The Comets. 1954
75 classic tracks from the greatest rock and roll dreamboats of all time.
60 Original Hits From 1955. In 1955 consumerism took off in a big way with the sale of some 7.9 million cars in the US, and 7 out of 10 families owning a motorcar. The first McDonalds was erected and more fast foods and TV dinners began to appear in stores. The first cans of Coca Cola went on sale up until then it had only been sold in bottles but most importantly Rock n Roll music continued to grow in popularity, as new teen idols changed teen culture forever. Many of these idols became musical legends, including Elvis Presley, Bill Haley, Chuck Berry and Fats Domino. 1955 was a very good year for music, and this 3CD collection brings you the finest music from that time
The Best of Soul Music Soul had its roots in the 1950s when two forms of African-American music came together in a rather unlikely alliance. These were the pure yet emotional gospel sounds of the Southern Baptist church, and the more worldly, rocking approach of rhythm & blues. In 1954 Ray Charles took an old gospel song and gave it an R & B makeover to come up with I Got A Woman. For many that's where soul began. This compilation is a celebration of the best of early Soul Music.
3 CD SET. It is now 30 years since Cameron Mackintosh met with Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schonberg in Paris, to discuss the idea of a rewritten version of their French musical. Based on Victor Hugo s classic novel, Les Miserables, the musical has become a worldwide phenomenon. This recording traces the journey, from a modest Paris production, into a multi-award winning show, and then to an Oscar winning film. Read by Peter Polycarpou, one of the original RSC cast members in the opening at London s Barbican Theatre, this marvellous story takes us behind the scenes of both the stage show and the film to meet the writers, producers and actors. Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackson and Anne Hathaway each share their thoughts on the film, the casting process and the actual filming.
Currently the most successful comedian in the UK. In the last 5 years Michael, through touring and tv shows, has become the top entertainer around. This recording was made during a ten night stint at the O2 in London. With that run, and his other UK dates, he sold a staggering 700,000 tickets with the DVD selling a million copies. Phew!
Critically acclaimed comedian Micky Flanagan presents the CD recording of his nationwide sell-out tour, and best-selling debut DVD of 2011. Following much-lauded appearances on the royal variety performance, Michael McIntyre's comedy Road show, Mock the week and live at the Apollo, micky is the hottest property in comedy right now.
Miles Davis is widely considered one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century. Davis with his musical groups was at the forefront of several major developments in jazz music, including bepob, cool jazz, hard bop, modal jazz and jazz fusion. This triple CD collection brings you the very best of a very creative period in his life, the mid-1950s to early 60s.Enjoy the very best of a master at work. Includes Summertime, My Funny Valentine, A Night in Tunisia, Milestones, All Blues and many more
Milton Jones,the weird bloke with the shirts,has rounded up the very best of his new material on this brand new CD. A Mock The Week regular, Milton's Lion Whisperer Tour showcased one of the best, funniest and truly unique comedians around today.